Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Mac Costmetic's Hello Kitty Postcards


I chose to create the die line into the shape of the Hello Kitty logo to bring instant recognition towards the brand. I believe that in doing so, it would also add value to the postcard, making it something that the receivers would want to keep, even if they don’t buy the products. I decided to go with 110lb paper, 0.011” thick. In doing so, I gave the whiskers of the cat a bit more structure, without going over-board on the thickness of the paper. The spot gloss varnish being carried over all of the ink on the front really brings more interest to the postcard. It also gives something more for the receiver to run their hands across, and adds some texture to the piece. I chose to use a gloss varnish so that the light would reflect the accurate colours, while adding more depth to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment